Everything You Need To Know About UI/UX
Your go-to, all-encompassing UI/UX resource. 😉
Nearly nine million were employed in tech in 2022, and for good reason!
The tech industry is a booming industry, with flexible jobs, high-paying opportunities, and low barriers to entry.
BUT… what if you don’t want to learn how to code to enter tech?
We’ve got good news! Web design, specifically UI and UX, enables creatives to break into tech without leaving their imaginative roots.
In recent years, increased attention to accessible and responsive design steadily increased the demand for talented UI/UX professionals, and employers are rising to the occasion to attract the best.
UX and UI/UX design jobs are on the rise (growing 23% by 2031 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics), as are their salaries (up to almost $100K on average according to Glassdoor in 2022).
Now is your time to enter tech as a UI/UX professional, and Skillcrush is here to support you!
The Skillcrush Break Into Tech – UX/UI Track is a career onramp, perfect for creatives seeking higher-paying and more fulfilling employment. Skillcrush provides reputable curriculum, a job guarantee, and a diverse community of instructors, mentors, and students to tap into and change your career and life. Simply put, we help you enter the tech industry with confidence and land a job!
Here’s a roundup of our top blog posts to jumpstart your career in UI/UX.
Table of Contents
Your COMPLETE Guide to UI/UX
You get a UI guide, and you get a UX guide! Guides for all!
Envision Your Career in UI/UX 🧑🏾💻
We believe you belong in tech, even if you can’t envision it… yet. Let’s dive into what your career in UI/UX could look like.
- UX design is a fast-growing profession — great! But, um, what do UX designers do? We have the explanation for you.
- Money, money, money — we don’t shy away from money talk. Learn how much UX designers *really* make. Hint: It’s more than the average occupation in the United States. 💰
- What’s in a title?! This post highlights the many UX job titles that put UX skills to use without the UX designer title.
So how does one acquire the skills to become a UI/UX designer?
- First thing’s first, should you do a UX bootcamp? We have some considerations to help you out.
- ⌚ *Deep breath* Your next likely question, which UX bootcamp should you sign up for? You better believe we have a list of the top UX design courses.
- And though learning to code isn’t a necessity, you would be doing yourself a huge service to learn to code as a UX professional.
Changing careers — much less learning a new skill — is overwhelming, we know. But the Skillcrush team has your back.
Learn the Basics
As you dive into your UI/UX journey, frequent the below posts to drive home the fundamentals.
- The elements of user experience — this is where your UX education begins. Learn industry-standard UX design principles.
- Building on the elements of user experience, the UX design process will guide your designs and is the basis for all good designs.
- Knowing your audience is just as important in the UX design process, which is why we spend ample time covering user personas.
- Commit this statement to memory: If your UX design is not accessible, it’s not UX design. Learn why we preach web accessibility.
- While we’re at it, good web design is responsive and can not be discounted in today’s smart device environment.
- We like to have fun with a splash of color. 🌈 Learn how you can use color theory to make good web designs great.
- Last, but not least, take a peek at some of the amazing UX design examples that UX designers before you have created!
Are you ready to make the leap in your career? Come on in to our world of UI/UX, our (virtual) doors are always open and we look forward to supporting your journey to tech!